Sunday, May 15, 2011

Garden Report

Got a lot of stuff planted earlier in the week when the weather was a bit drier than it is today. Not that planting today would be a bad thing, but I'm a little sick and it just wouldn't be healthy for me to try and plant today.


Some volunteer potatoes growing in the lower left corner there. I'm not entirely sure, but I may have some volunteer pistachio trees as well. I left them in to see what they are and what they become. If they truly are pistachio trees, I may try to transplant one into the house.

I'm concentrating more on the onions this year as many veggies we experiment with either don't grow, or we do not really use them. I'm trying spinach again, although it does not seem to be flourishing (and will probably bolt as soon as summer comes.) We are also going to grow collards, but we'll see how they do. I am trying out the tomatoes near the trees this year to see if they will still grow over there. Hard to believe only about six weeks to harvesting those garlic bulbs!

No comments: