Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tapenade

We were headed to Matt and Shari's on Friday for a pot luck. Jennifer and I didn't really have any ideas for what to bring. I picked up some items earlier in the day to give us some options and this is what I came up with.

I have made tapenade in the past, although I do not know how traditional I make it. I like to finely chop kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes and roasted peppers to make a tapenade. We had two out of the three and I proceeded to soak the tomatoes while I started chopping the olives. I didn't add anything to the concoction although I did briefly consider some balsamic vinegar or minced garlic.

The twist was that I took the tapenade and mixed it into some softened goat cheese. We brought a pack of crackers to spread it on, and that was our dish. It got devoured, but not sure how well it was liked. I think it came out OK. It would have been nice to put more time and effort into a more elaborate dish.

No comments: