Friday, December 24, 2010

Snack Time!

So most people are not into chilies like I am into chilies. That is fine. Recently I have been just taking some pickled chilies out of the jar and putting them in a bowl to eat as a snack. (And last week I ate a fresh habanero while watching TV, although I don't recommend that as a snack, I couldn't resist it in the store and then didn't want it to go bad once I got it home and couldn't find a use for it.)

Last month I purchased a jar of Peri-Peri Peppadrops from Trader Joes. They are pickled in vinegar. I have seen and used similar peppers called peppadew for the same purpose. They are "cherry peppers" with just a little heat that often come cored and with the stem removed. They are great for stuffing. When I first started using peppadews as a snack I stuffed them with Gorgonzola or goat cheese. This time around I used feta. (Higher ANDI score.) A fun snack that also looks pretty nice at parties.

No comments: